The Sacramento Cooperative Community Fund (SCCF) invites applications for micro-grants from eligible not-for-profit and cooperative organizations operating in the greater Sacramento area. This year we plan to award up to $2,500 in total. Applications will be due (postmarked by) April 1, 2013, and we anticipate announcing the results in mid-May and awarding the funds in early June.
Eligibility criteria for a SCCF micro-grant
- Applicant must, at the time of application, be a tax exempt, not-for-profit (i.e., IRS reg. 501(c)(3)) or a legally-chartered cooperative organization that is operating in the Sacramento area.
- The applicant’s proposal must be for a specific project, activity, or purchase, not for general program operations, ongoing costs, nor the purchase of food or gift certificates for food. (Information on how to request a food or product donation from the SNFC is available at sacfoodcoop.com.)
- The proposed project must fit one of the categories listed in the SNFC Community Sharing Policy:
- Promoting nutrition or health
- Supporting a healthy environment
- Meeting basic human needs, particularly nutrition
- Promoting the cooperative movement
Grantees are required to
- Abide by the SNFC’s nondiscrimination policy, which requires you to: conduct business and serve customers/clients without regard to race, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, disability, political opinion, or national origin; not knowingly conduct business with or support any organization, business, group or individual who discriminates against others as listed above; prohibit discrimination and harassment (including sexual harassment) of customers/ clients and employees and anyone doing business with the organization.
- Agree not to use any of the funds for lobbying or political activities.
- Publicize the award within your organization (e.g., your own newsletter) and by submitting press releases to the local media, if possible, and provide the SCCF with copies of the articles.
- Upon project completion, submit a brief report to the SCCF about results achieved with the micro-grant.
- SCCF micro-grants typically have ranged from $200 to $500 but can be from $50 to $750 (maximum).
- The SNFC may use the information you provide in the application to publicize your organization’s project in its newsletter, website, and/or in a press release.
- Preference will be given to organizations that have not received over $200 of funds or product/ in-kind donations from the SNFC and/or the SCCF during the past 12 months.
How to Apply
Complete and sign the application form (download the form here
), and submit it with all required attachments by mail to the:
ATTN: Stacie Traylor
SCCF Committee c/o SNFC
1900 Alhambra Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95816
or by e-mail as a single pdf attachment to
with subject line “SCCF Application.” Faxed or hand-delivered applications will not be accepted. Mailed applications must be postmarked, and e-mailed applications received, no later than Monday, April 1, 2013.
Please leave a message for the SCCF Committee at (916) 868-6348, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible (usually within 48 hours).