Attention Co-op owners: you now have the opportunity to help the Co-op finance its planned store relocation, earn a good return and keep your money invested locally!
On this page you will find everything you need to learn about and purchase Preferred Shares. A brief video highlights the program. In addition, this link provides detailed answers to frequently asked questions.
This first offering, approved by the California Department of Corporations, allows us to offer three series of shares that you can purchase, each with differing terms, and with different annual dividend rates:
Notice: B, C & D shares are sold out
||Cost per Share
||No set term
||4 year minimum retention
||5 year minimum retention
The offering itself is made up of the following three documents that that DoC has examined and approved:
- Memorandum of Terms
- Disclosure Document
- Preferred Stock Purchase Agreement
Whenever you decide to purchase shares, please follow these steps:
- First read the Memorandum of Terms.
- Download and read the Disclosure Document.
- Download and read the Preferred Stock Purchase Agreement.
- Complete and sign Exhibit A of the Preferred Stock Purchase Agreement.
- Make out a check to Sacramento Natural Foods Cooperative in the amount corresponding to the price of the shares you choose to purchase
- Mail the signed Exhibit A of the Preferred Stock Purchase Agreement along with your check to:
Sacramento Natural Foods Cooperative
1900 Alhambra Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95816
Attn: Preferred Shares
Once your share purchase has been processed you will receive a signed Share Certificate.
- Preferred Shares carry no voting rights.
- Preferred Shares can only be purchased by Co-op owners who are fully vested in their $300 Fair Share investment.
- No Co-op owner can own more than $100,000 in preferred shares in any combination of the series of shares being offered.
- Preferred Shares can be purchased at any time up until the total number of shares purchased in each series has reached the limits stated in the Memorandum of Terms.
- If you have any questions about the Preferred Shares program, please call General Manager, Paul Cultrera at 916-868-6400, or email him at
Click here for FAQs on Preferred Shares
The following table lists investments available at local financial institutions and how they compare to the B, C and D preferred shares that the Co-op is offering to its fully vested owners. Rates at financial institutions are as of 2/26/13 and are subject to change..
|Interest Rates and Minimum Investment|
with $100 minimum balance
|Bank of America
with $25 minimum balance
||“B” Share: 1.00%
$50 Share Price
|“C” Share: 2.50%
$500 Share Price
|“D” Share: 3.00%
$500 Share Price
Please, watch this video about Preferred Shares
Since we began offering the non-voting preferred shares for sale on March 1, 2013 owners have responded in a big way. As of April 16, 2014 we have sold a total of $1,500,000 worth of shares.
Here’s how the B, C and D shares have sold (note: all B, C & D shares in the offering have been sold):
||Number Still Available
Click here to download the Preferred Shares Disclosure Document