Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti
- 2 c. all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1 c. sugar
- 11⁄2 t. baking powder
- 1⁄4 t. salt
- 3⁄4 c. shelled unsalted pistachios
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 3⁄4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir in pistachios and chocolate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, butter, vanilla, and cocoa.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined (dough will be stiff, so mix with hands if necessary).
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Divide dough in half and place on sheet.
- Shape into two 21⁄2x 12 inch logs and sprinkle top of each with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake until risen and firm, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let logs cool completely on sheet, about 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 300°.
- Using a serrated knife, cut logs crosswise into 1⁄2 inch- thick slices.
- Arrange slices in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake until biscotti are dry, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.