- 1 c. unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 c. powdered sugar, plus more for coating
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. very finely chopped almonds
- Heat oven to 300°.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and combine well.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon water.
- Add the flour and mix until thoroughly combined, then mix in the almonds.
- Form dough into crescent shapes, 2 inches long.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 18–20 minutes—don't let them darken.
- Gently roll the still hot cookies in additional powdered sugar.
- Cool completely on racks before storing in air tight containers.