Almond Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 c. ground almonds
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- 1/3 c. grapeseed or canola oil
- 1/3 c. orange juice
- 1/3 c. maple syrup or fruit sweetener
- 1 1/2 t. almond extract
- 1/4 t. vanilla raspberry preserves for filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, ground almonds, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil, juice, syrup and extracts together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop dough and form into balls.
- Flatten into circles and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Indent each cookie with your thumb and fill with 1/2 teaspoon of the raspberry preserves.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.