- 4 hard boiled eggs, quartered lengthwise
- 10 small red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 T. dry white wine
- 2 heads butter lettuce, leaves washed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 6oz. cans Alcatraz tuna, drained
- 3 small ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into eights
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 8 oz. green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1⁄4 c. Niçoise olives
- 2 T. capers, rinsed
1) Bring potatoes and 4 quarts cold water to a boil in a large stockpot.
2) Add 1 tablespoon salt and cook until potatoes are tender when poked with a knife, 5-8 minutes.
3) With a slotted spoon, gently transfer potatoes to medium bowl, reserving cooking water.
4) Toss warm potatoes with wine and salt and pepper to taste. Let stand a few minutes.
5) Toss with 1⁄4 c vinaigrette and set aside. While the potatoes are cooking, toss lettuce with 1⁄4 c. vinaigrette in a large bowl. Arrange a bed of lettuce on a serving platter.
6) Place tuna in empty bowl and break up with a fork. Add 1⁄2 c. vinaigrette and stir to combine; mound tuna in the center of lettuce. Toss tomatoes, red onion, 3 tablespoons vinaigrette, and salt and pepper to taste in the bowl; arrange tomato onion mixture in mound at edge of lettuce bed. Arrange reserved potatoes in separate mound at edge of lettuce.
7) Return water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt and green beans.
8) Cook until tender but crisp, 3-5 minutes. Drain beans, transfer to ice water bath and let stand just until cool, about 30 seconds; dry beans well with paper towels. Toss beans, 3 tablespoons vinaigrette, and salt and pepper to taste in the bowl; arrange in a separate mound on lettuce. Arrange eggs and olives in separate mounds on bed of lettuce. Drizzle eggs with remaining